ECO3 Consultation response – Not looking good for the Private Rented Sector!
This week the Government have released their response for the upcoming ECO3 Scheme that commences on the 1st October 2018. Below we have summarised the outcome but the Private Rented Sector has taken a massive blow.
- Private Rented Sector properties will not qualify for funding towards Boiler and Electric Storage Heater Replacements. This means there will be no funding to help landlords with the installation costs.
- Private Rented Sector properties that have an EPC rating of F & G can only claim high cost measures such as Solid Wall Insulation.
- Private Rented Sector properties that have an EPC rating of E & above can receive support for other measures such as Room In The Roof Insulation.
- Oil Boiler replacements will be allowed under ECO3 but subjected to the new Broken Boiler Cap.
- Solid Fuel Boilers are no longer on the scheme.
- Ground Source Heat Pumps can be claimed under ECO alongside the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
You can find the full Consultation response here.
So landlords and landladies, you have the next two months to claim partial funding towards new boilers and electric storage heaters (Old Gas Boilers must be under 86% efficient to qualify).
We will be publishing more information in the coming months as it becomes available.