ECO Local Authority Flex Scheme:
Elevating Energy Efficiency in Homes
Scheme Details and Eligibility
Duration: The ECO LA Flex Scheme runs from July 2022 to March 2026.
Coverage Area: Your property must be situated in Cheshire West or Chester
Property Requirements: Properties must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of E, F or G.
In order to qualify you must meet one of these routes and we will need to provide evidence to submit applications to Cheshire West and Chester Council.
if you need advice identifying which route is most suitable for you please call 01942918844
Route 1 – EPC rating E, F or G and a household income less than £31,000
Route 2 – EPC rating E, F and G and households meet a combination of two of the following proxies
- Proxy 1) Homes in England in Lower-layer Super Output Area 1-3 (LSOA)1 , or homes in Welsh provision LSOA 1-3 on the Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation 20192 , or the Index of Multiple Deprivation for 2020, published by the Scottish Government
- Proxy 2) Householders receiving a Council Tax rebate (rebates based on low income only, excludes single person rebates).
- Proxy 3) Householders vulnerable to living in a cold home as identified in the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Guidance. Only one from the list can be used, excludes the proxy ‘low income’.
- Proxy 4) A householder receiving free school meals due to low-income.
- Proxy 5) A householder supported by a Local Authority run scheme, that has been named and described by the LA as supporting low income and vulnerable households for the purposes of NICE Guideline.
- Proxy 6) A household referred to the Local Authority for support by their energy supplier or Citizen’s Advice or Citizen’s Advice Scotland, because they have been identified as struggling to pay their electricity and gas bills.
* Note proxies 1 and 5 cannot be used together
Route 3 – Standard Energy Procedure (SAP) bands E, F or G households that have been identified by their doctor or GP as low income and vulnerable, with an occupant whose health conditions may be impacted further by living in a cold home.
These health conditions may be
- immunosuppressed, or
- limited mobility related.
Typically, the entire process, from the initial survey to project completion, takes about 3 to 4 weeks. Please note that this timeframe is subject to having all the necessary evidence and complying with both Cheshire West and Chester’s regulations and Ofgem’s scheme requirements.
Please fill in this form to get started
Prefer to speak to us directly?
Give us a call: 01942918844
"*" indicates required fields